Like the previous Samsung flagships, a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ is also launched with the Bixby. Bixby is a digital assistant from Samsung but most of the people don’t want to use Bixby. As they rather prefer to use the google assistant or phone without a digital assistant. So, if you are looking for the way to “DISABLE BIXBY IN SAMSUNG NOTE 10 AND NOTE 10+” then follow the step by step guide. Officially, there is no way to disable Bixby completely but there is a method which you can use to stop Bixby from opening. You can also remap the Bixby button to perform any other task.
STEPS TO DISABLE BIXBY IN SAMSUNG NOTE 10 AND NOTE 10+:-
Before we start with the guide please make sure that your Samsung Note 10 or Note 10+ is signed up by a Samsung account. Now, let’s continue with the guide,
- First, you need signing in your Samsung account. If you don’t have a Samsung account then please create one.
- Go to the home screen of your Note 10 then tap on the empty space on the screen.
- Swipe the screen to the right to bring Bixby home.
- Now, you will see a toggle on the upper part of the screen. Turn in off and it turns to grey.
- You have successfully disabled the Bixby.
That’s, all for the software part enjoy your Bixby free Samsung Note 10 and Note 10+. Now, we will guide how you can remap the physical Button present on the left side of your device.
How to prevent the Bixby from accidental invocation,
- open the Settings app on your device.
- Now, navigate to the advanced setting app.
- Tap on the Bixby button option.
- You will see the option that “open Bixby by single press” change that to the “Double press to activate“. Now, you have to press twice to activate the Bixby. This prevents the activating the Bixby by accident.
All Samsung now comes with One UI and Bixby 2.0 which comes with the many new features but takes away the ability to disable the Bixby from the user. One UI does not allow you to disable Bixby completely but you can re-assign Bixby button for opening a different app or executing quick command features.
For remapping the Bixby you have to update it to the latest version. For doing so you have to update it to the latest version for doing so follow the below steps,
- Open the Samsung App store.
- Search for the Bixby.
- Update it.
For remapping the Bixby Button,
- Open the Settings app
- Navigate to the additional setting option.
- Tap on the Bixby key option.
- Select how you want to use Bixby on a single press or on a double press.
- Now select the function or command you want to assign the Bixby.
Despite all the issues users have with the Bixby, the ability to remap the Bixby button without a third-party app is welcoming change.
check out our post on, turn off autocorrect on Samsung Note 10
Know more about, Samsung Galaxy Note 10
A computer engineer by day, gamer by night. He grew up playing Mario and contra, and just like every other 90s kid, he got passionate about mobile gaming. He had done bachelors in computer science and played fps and MOBA games for years.