Recently Instagram has launched the Reels option. Reels allows creators to create short videos interactive and post them on their feed. Instagram Reels is already integrated with the Instagram app, so all you need to do is update the Instagram app to its latest version. But even after updating the Instagram app, many people cannot find the reels feature in the Instagram app, or Instagram Reels does not work for them. If you are facing any similar issue, then in this article, we have some tips that you can apply to get your Instagram Reels working. So, Let’s begin,
FIX INSTAGRAM REELS NOT SHOWING OR WORKING ON MY SMARTPHONE
If the Instagram Reels feature is not available or not working on your smartphone, then we have some tips and tricks that might help you,
- Update your Instagram app
- Enrol in a Beat program
- Sign in and Sign out in the Instagram APP
- Clear Instagram Cache and Data
- Delete and Re-install the Instagram APP
- Report a problem in Instagram APP
- Wait until Reels Becomes available
1. Update your Instagram app
If you cannot find the Reels feature in your Instagram app, it might be because of the outdated version of the Instagram app. To use the Reels Feature, you just need to update your app to the latest version. You can update the Instagram app from the Play Store in android and the APP store in ios.
To Update the App in Android:
- Open the Playstore.
- Search The Instagram App and Update
To Update the App in iOS:
- Open the APP Store.
- Search the Instagram APP and Update.
2. Enrol in Beta Program
If the Instagram Reels feature is not available in your region, then you can still use Instagram Reels by enrolling in a beta program. By enrolling in the beta program, you will get the chance to test the upcoming Instagram feature before everyone else.
Before signing up for the beta program of Instagram or any other app, keep that in mind that the beta version can be full of bugs.
3. Sign in and Sign out in the Instagram app
So if your Instagram app is up to date and still you cannot find the Reels option, then you should try doing sign-out and sign-in again in the Instagram app. If you are using multiple Instagram accounts on the same app, then you should try changing the account.
4. Clear Instagram Cache and Data
In some cases, the problem is caused by corrupt data or cache accumulated over time. Therefore it is advised to clear this data from time to time. It is safe to do as your Instagram data is stored on the cloud (Instagram Servers), so you will not lose any data by doing this. After clearing the cache data, you will be just logged out of your account, which you can easily log back in.
Steps to remove Cache data:
1. Open your phone’s settings.
2. Scroll and Find the “Manage Apps” options.
3. Now, Search the Instagram App and click on it.
4. On the Bottom of the Screen, you will see the “Clear cache and Data” option. Click on it.
Now, You have log-in in again to your Instagram account, and you are good to go.
5. Delete and Re-install the Instagram app
If you cannot access the Reels feature in your Instagram app, then this might be caused by a bug in your Instagram app. Then you should try uninstalling and re-installing the Instagram app.
6. Send FeedBack (Report a Problem)
If your Instagram app and phone software are up to date and you still not able to see the Reels option, then the problem is not with your phone or App then, it might be from Instagram’s end. In this case, you can report an issue to Instagram, and they will assist you further.
Here is how to report a Problem on Instagram:
1. Open the Settings Menu in the Instagram App.
2. Now, Click on the Help option.
3. Select the “Report Problem” option.
4. Now, Describe your problem and click submit.
You also use this message for the Reels issue:
I cannot find the Reels option in my Instagram account even after updating the Instagram App from the Playstore. So kindly enable the Reels option in my account as soon as possible. Thanks.
That’s it. Now, the Instagram team will resolve your issue within 48 hours.
7. Wait until the Reels become available in your region
If Instagram Reels is not available in your region, then you can’t do anything about that. All you can do is keep your Instagram app up to date and wait until the Reels feature becomes available in your region.
Now, as your Reels started working again, we have a small guide on “How to make amazing Instagram Reels“, but if you are unable to use the Instagram Reels, then you can skip to the troubleshooting part.
How to make amazing Instagram Reels in 2 Minutes:
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Now open the Instagram camera.
- You can find the Reels option in the bottom right corner, along with superzoom and boomerang.
- Select the Reels option to start making amazing short videos.
- You will get various editing options in the Reels like adding music, trim video, adding a video, or changing the recording speed.
- To make your Reels more amazing, you can also add AR effects.
Now, go and create amazing short videos and share them with your friends, family and followers.
- How to create amazing Instagram Reels complete guide
- Restore the Deleted Instagram Reels, Posts and IGTV videos
- Fix Notification Problem on the Instagram APP
Download: Instagram App (Play Store)
Download: Instagram APP (Apple Store)
A computer engineer by day, gamer by night. He grew up playing Mario and contra, and just like every other 90s kid, he got passionate about mobile gaming. He had done bachelors in computer science and played fps and MOBA games for years.