Recently Instagram has launched the Reels option in the Instagram App. Reels allows users to create short and interactive videos and post them on their feed. Instagram Reels is already integrated with the Instagram app, so all you need to do is update the Instagram app to its latest version.
But, we have seen many users who did not get the Reels option even after updating the Instagram app, or Instagram Reels does not show up on their Smartphone no matter whatever they do. If you are also facing a similar issue, then this article will help you fix it. In this article, we have shared some amazing tips and tricks that you can use to Fix your Instagram Reels problem. So, without wasting any more time, Let’s begin,
Fix Instagram Reels not showing or working on My Smartphone
Using Instagram Reels, users can create short videos using the in-app music catalogue, effects and other creative features to enhance the video quality. Users can share this short video with their friends, family, followers and normal Instagram users.
If the Instagram Reels feature is not available or not working on your Smartphone, then follow the tips and tricks we have shared below to fix the problem.
1. Update your Instagram app
If you cannot find the Reels feature in your Instagram app, it might be because of the outdated version of the Instagram app. To use the Reels Feature, you just need to update your app to the latest version. You can update the Instagram app from the Play Store in Android and the APP Store in iOS.
To Update the App in Android:
- Open the Play Store.
- Search The Instagram App and Update
To Update the App in iOS:
- Open the APP Store.
- Search the Instagram APP and Update.
Once you update the app, open the app, scroll the feed for 4-5 minutes, and check if the reels option is available. If you are still unable to see the reels option, then it might be possible that your phone’s software is causing the issue. To fix it, just quickly check if there is an update available for your device. If yes, then update your device to the latest software and relaunch the Instagram app.
2. Join Beta Program
If the Instagram Reels feature is not available in your region, then you can still use Instagram Reels by enrolling in a beta program. By enrolling in the beta program, you will get the chance to test the upcoming Instagram feature before everyone else.
Before signing up for the beta program of Instagram or any other app, keep in mind that the beta version can be full of bugs. Follow the below steps to sign up for a beta program,
- Open the Playstore and search for the Instagram app.
- Now, click on the Instagram app and scroll down the page until you see the message to join the beta program.
- Click on the message and click on the “Join” button to confirm your registration.
- Close the playstore, open it again after 4-5 minutes, and search for the Instagram app again.
- If there is a Beta update available, install it.
Note: Bata version can be full of app breaking bugs, so make sure to do it at our own risk.
3. Sign in and Sign out in the Instagram app
If your Instagram app is up to date and still unable to find the Reels option, then try sign-out and sign in again in the Instagram app. If you are using multiple Instagram accounts on the same app, then try changing the account and check if the reels option is available for another account?
If the Reels option is available for other accounts but not on your account, then the problem is connected with your account. In that, case contact Instagram support and explain the whole issue they will surely help you.
4. Share an Instagram Reel from a different Account (Recommended)
If you are not getting the Instagram Reels option in your account, you have to find someone with the Instagram reels option enabled on their smartphone. Once you have an Instagram account with the Reels option enabled, follow the below steps to fix the problem,
- Share any Instagram Reel which has a reel option enabled to another account via Instagram DM.
- Now, Remix that reel. You don’t need to post anything. Just record a video for 5 seconds, then click on “X” at the top left corner.
- Then tap on the “Discard video”, Now you are in regular reels camera, and you can record and upload a regular reel.
- Once you do this, you will get access to the reels camera on the upper right side corner of the home page.
- Now, You can create and upload Instagram Reels normally using the Reels camera.
5. Clear Instagram Cache and Data
In some cases, the problem is caused by corrupt data or cache accumulated over time. Therefore it is advised to clear this data from time to time. It is safe to do as your Instagram data is stored on the cloud (Instagram Servers), so you will not lose any data by doing this. After clearing the cache data, you will be just logged out of your account, which you can easily log back in.
Steps to remove Cache data:
1. Open your phone’s settings.
2. Scroll and Find the “Manage Apps and notifications” options.
3. Now, Search the Instagram App and click on it.
4. Find the “Clear cache and Data” option.
5. Click on the “Clear data and Cache” option, and then click on the confirm button.
Now, You have log-in in again to your Instagram account, and you are good to go.
6. Uninstall and Re-install the Instagram app
If you cannot see the Instagram Reels on your app, then it might be because of the bug present in your Instagram app. To fix this issue, just uninstall and re-install the Instagram app.
After installing the Instagram app again, open the Instagram app and check if you can see the reels or not. If you are still not able to see the reels option, then follow along,
7. Send FeedBack (Report a Problem)
If your Instagram app and phone software are up to date and you are still not able to see the Reels option, then the problem is not with your phone or App then, it might be from Instagram’s end. In this case, you can report an issue to Instagram, and they will assist you further.
Here is how to report a Problem on Instagram:
1. Open the Settings Menu in the Instagram App.
2. Now, Click on the Help option.
3. Select the “Report Problem” option.
4. Now, Describe your problem and click submit.
You also use this message for the Reels issue:
I cannot find the Reels option in my Instagram account even after updating the Instagram App from the Playstore. So kindly enable the Reels option in my account as soon as possible. Thanks.
That’s it. Now, the Instagram team will resolve your issue within 48 hours.
8. Wait until the Reels become available in your region
If Instagram Reels is not available in your region, then you can’t do anything about that. All you can do is keep your Instagram app up to date and wait until the Reels feature becomes available in your region.
I hope you are to fix your issue with the help of this guide and let us know which solution worked for you and if you used an entirely different solution, then let us know through the comment section below. Now, as your Reels started working again, we have a small guide on “How to make amazing Instagram Reels“,
How to make amazing Instagram Reels in 2 Minutes?
Steps to create amazing Instagram Reels in 2 Minutes:
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Now open the Instagram camera.
- You can find the Reels option in the bottom right corner, along with superzoom and boomerang.
- Select the Reels option to start making amazing short videos.
- You will get various editing options in the Reels like adding music, trim video, adding a video, or changing the recording speed.
- To make your Reels more unique, you can also add AR effects.
Now, go and create amazing short videos and share them with your friends, family and followers.
- How to create amazing Instagram Reels complete guide
- Restore the Deleted Instagram Reels, Posts, and IGTV videos
- Fix Notification Problem on the Instagram APP
That’s it for this article. If you have any questions or feedback regarding the article, then feel free to use the comment section below.
Download: Instagram App (Play Store)
Download: Instagram APP (Apple Store)
A computer engineer by day, gamer by night. He grew up playing Mario and contra, and just like every other 90s kid, he got passionate about mobile gaming. He had done bachelors in computer science and played fps and MOBA games for years.