In the world of gaming, encountering errors is not uncommon, and the “Selected Party Member Was Not Found (error code 316703)” is one of the glitches that can surface during the Diablo 4 Beta Test. In this article, we will delve into the specifics of this error and discuss effective steps to resolve it.
How to Fix Error Code 316703 “selected party member was not found”?
The notorious Diablo 4 error code 316703 manifests when a third party, unable to establish a connection, attempts to exit their game session. This results in an error message displaying “The selected party member was not found” accompanied by the code 316703.
Common Causes of Error Code 316703:
Diablo 4 error code 316703 primarily emerges from problems in the connection between the game client and the server. These problems can originate from various sources, including:
- Server Maintenance: Temporary connectivity problems may arise when Blizzard conducts server maintenance or updates.
- Network Connectivity Issues: An unstable internet connection or packet loss can lead to disconnections from Diablo 4 servers, resulting in the error code.
- Firewall or Security Software: Firewalls or security software may obstruct the connection to the Diablo 4 servers, prompting the error code.
- Corrupted Game Files: If game files become corrupted or damaged, it can lead to connection problems and error codes.
- Server Overload: Excessive player traffic trying to connect to Diablo 4 servers simultaneously can cause connectivity issues or server overload.
- Compatibility Issues: Incompatibility between your hardware or software and the game can result in connectivity problems and error codes.
How to Fix Diablo 4 Error Code 316703?
If you find yourself facing error code 316703 in Diablo 4, here are steps to help you resolve it:
1. Check for Server Issues:
- Blizzard occasionally conducts server maintenance, which can lead to temporary connectivity problems. Stay updated by monitoring the BlizzardCS Twitter account for any known server issues or scheduled maintenance that might be causing the error.
2. Verify Your Network Connection:
- Ensure the stability of your internet connection and watch out for any signs of packet loss or interruptions. Attempt to reset your modem or router to see if it rectifies the issue.
3. Restart the Game Client:
- Sometimes, a simple restart of the game client can effectively resolve connectivity problems.
4. Disable Security Software or Firewalls:
- Security software or firewalls on your computer or network might be blocking the connection to the Diablo 4 servers, triggering the error code. Try disabling any security software temporarily or configure your firewall to allow Diablo 4 access.
5. Keep Drivers and Software Updated:
- Ensure that all your drivers and software, including your operating system and graphics card drivers, are up-to-date. Outdated software can sometimes lead to connectivity issues.
6. Reinstall the Game:
- If none of the above steps yield results, a clean reinstallation of the game might be necessary to rectify potential issues with game files.
In conclusion, error code 316703 in Diablo 4 can be frustrating, but by following the steps outlined above and understanding the potential causes, you can troubleshoot and resolve this issue effectively.
A computer engineer by day, gamer by night. He grew up playing Mario and contra, and just like every other 90s kid, he got passionate about mobile gaming. He had done bachelors in computer science and played fps and MOBA games for years.