Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms worldwide, as nearly 1 billion people use it every day. Instagram’s popularity is growing faster than ever with the addition of Reels on the Platform. Instagram Reels allows users to create short 30 seconds videos and share them with their followers and other Instagram users.
Instagram Reels is very similar to other short video platforms, TikTok, in which you can create short 30-second videos, add music and dialogue it, and share with the users.
But, unlike Tittok, it does not allow users to save or download Reels easily. If you are also looking for a way to download or save Instagram Reels on your smartphone, then follow some simple steps we have shared below. So, Let’s begin,
How to download or save Instagram Reels?
Let’s first look at the “How to save Instagram Reels?“,
How to Save Instagram Reels?
Let’s begin with the Steps to save Reels on Instagram,
Steps to save Reels on Instagram:
- Open Instagram and search for the Reel you want to save. You can also go to the user’s profile page and then go to the Reels option and then open the Reels you want to save.
- Once the Reel is loaded, click on the three-dot icon (hamburger menu) on top of the screen.
- After that, tap on the save from the options.
- If you want to watch that Reel, you can find it by going to your profile > Settings > Account and then Saved.
Here you can find all recently saved videos and posts inside the all posts folder. But, if you want to download Reel from Instagram, then follow along,
How to Download Instagram Reels?
If you want to download and store Instagram Reels locally on your smartphone, follow the simple steps below,
Steps to Download Instagram Reels (on Android):
- Open the Plasytore on your smartphone and search and download the video downloader for the Instagram app.
- After the app is downloaded, open the app and set it up.
- Now, Go to the Instagram APP and then search for the Reel you want to download and open it.
- Tap on the three-dot (Hamburger) menu on the right side corner and tap on the copy link option.
- Now, open the video Downloader for the Instagram app and paste the URL inside the app.
- This app will save the reels in your phone’s internal memory. Open your phone’s Gallery to find the Reels you have downloaded.
That’s it. You have successfully downloaded the reels from Instagram. If you are an iOS user, then follow the steps given below to download the Reels,
- How to Check if someone has blocked you on Instagram?
- Restore deleted Instagram Reels and Stories in 2 Minutes
Steps to Download the Reels on iOS:
- If you are using iOS, download the Insave for the Instagram app from the APP store and open it.
- Now, go to the Instagram app and search for the Reel you want to download.
- Open the Reel, click on the hamburger menu on the top right side corner, and then tap on the copy link.
- Now, Paste the link inside the Insave app, and it will download the Reel to your iPhone’s local storage.
- Open the Gallery on your iOS device to see the Reel.
That’s it you have successfully download the Instagram Reel on your iOS device.
Note: The apps used for downloading Instagram Reels are third-party apps so, only use them at your own risk. This post is meant for educational purposes only. We do not endorse or promote any of these apps.
That’s it for this article. If you any questions or feedback regarding the article, then feel free to use the comment section below.
- Fix Instagram Reels not working or opening on the smartphone
- How to create amazing Instagram Reels within 2 minutes
Download: Instagram App (Play Store)
Download: Instagram APP (Apple Store)
A computer engineer by day, gamer by night. He grew up playing Mario and contra, and just like every other 90s kid, he got passionate about mobile gaming. He had done bachelors in computer science and played fps and MOBA games for years.