It might be unpolite to unfollow your new friend or co-worker. But if you don’t want to see their stories and posts, then you can mute them. When you mute someone, you can still send and receive a message from them, and they will never know that you have muted them on Instagram. You can mute multiple accounts on Instagram and unmute them whenever you want. So, Let’s begin,
How to Mute someone on Instagram?
It’s is pretty easy to mute someone on Instagram, and it will only take 2 minutes. So, Let’s begin,
1. Open the Instagram APP on your Android or iOS smartphone.
2. Now, Find the account you want to mute from the “Following” list.
3. Tap on the following button, found near the person profile.
4. A drop menu will appear. Tap on the Mute button from the menu.
5. Now, Tap on the toggle for Stories and Posts.
That’s it. You won’t see their posts in your feed, and Instagram stories will be hidden by default. Now, Let’s see some alternative ways to mute someone on Instagram,
If you want to mute someone while scrolling your Instagram stories, then press and hold their profile icon for stories on your smartphone to open a drop-down menu. Now, tap on the mute button and their stories will be hidden instantly.
If you want to mute someone posts while scrolling your Instagram feed, then tap on the three-dot menu on the right side corner of the posts to open a drop-down menu on the smartphone. Tap on the Mute option from the menu, and you will get two option you can mute their posts, or you can mute posts and stories both.
How to Unmute Someone on Instagram?
If you want to unmute an account on Instagram, then it is also straightforward.
- Open their profile on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- After that, tap on the “Following” button near their profile to open a drop-down menu.
- Select the mute option from the menu.
- Now, turn on the toggle for posts and stories to unmute their stories and posts.
That’s it for this post. If you have any question or feedback related to this article, then feel free to use the comment section below.
- Fix Instagram Reels not working or Showing on my Smartphone
- Create amazing Instagram Reels in 2 Minutes
Download: Instagram App (Play Store)
Download: Instagram APP (Apple Store)
A computer engineer by day, gamer by night. He grew up playing Mario and contra, and just like every other 90s kid, he got passionate about mobile gaming. He had done bachelors in computer science and played fps and MOBA games for years.